Architecture remains a very attractive profession for the younger generations. According to the latest Sector Study, published by the Architects’ Council of Europe (ACE), the number of architects in Europe is steadily growing and the profession is today relatively young: 30% of architects in Europe are aged under 40 and 15% have 5 years or less experience.
In a context of highly competitive markets, where business and professional practices are changing rapidly, young architects face many challenges and issues: participating in public procurement and design competitions, experiencing new forms of collaboration and new business models, working in other EU countries, exporting services internationally, etc.
That is why the Architects’ Council of Europe is organising a public conference in Barcelona that will bring together 12 young European architects
, who will be discussing all these issues. They will explain how they perceive the practice of the profession today, with its risks, opportunities, challenges and difficulties. They will also share their experiences and will present their expectations for the future of the profession.Programme:
· Welcoming words by Georg Pendl, ACE President, and Assumpció Puig, COAC Dean.
· Keynote speech by norwegian architect Kjetil Thorsen
, co-founder of Snøhetta
· Cristina Gamboa, de La Col (Spain)
· Marieke Kums, de Studio Maks (Netherlands)
· Cristi Borcan, de StudioBasar (Romania)
· Walter Prenner, de Columbusnext (Austria)
· Sebastian Skovsted, Johansen Skovsted Arkitekter (Denmark)
· Jaufret Barrot, finalista YTAA 2016 (France)
· n’UNDO (Spain)
· Filipe Magalhães, Fala Atelier (Portugal)
· Erkko Aarti, AOR (Finland)
· Sofia Dona (Greece)
· Jan Theissen & Björn Martenson, AMUNT (Germany)
· Enrico Muschella, WHOLE – Urban Regeneration (Italy)
· Presentation of the Tbilisi Architecture Biennial, by Tinatin Gurgenidze
· Presentation of the 2020 edition of the Yount Talent Architecture Award (YTAA)
· Concluding remarks, by Tamás Szucs, EU Commission - DG Culture and EducationRegistration
Free registration via this registration form
French-English interpretation will be provided.